Monday, July 21, 2014

CRPD Committee Mark Up Is Closed to the Public

News flash. I thought we would be able to attend the mark upon the resolution on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) in S-116 of the Capitol at 10 AM tomorrow. I coordinated with two friends for a ride and to push my wheelchair. I was very excited.

The Chairman of the Senate Foreign a Relations Committee, Robert Menendez (NJ), picked a room right off the Senate floor. My sources said these rooms are not open to the public. In December 2012, Chairman Menendez held the last mark up on a CRPD resolution in the committee room in Dirksen. His opting for S-116 this time is beyond disappointing.

We are being urged to be a strong presence in the Capitol building tomorrow, indicating we support the mark up and urge a Senate floor vote as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Pat Morrissey
New book -- http://t.co/Vigyant7aM

No comments:

Post a Comment