Thursday, September 24, 2026

Please Help Me Do A Great Job

 Aloha,

It has been a while since I’ve written a post. I cracked my right femur in three places on July 13, a Friday. I was in a skilled nursing facility for over a month and a half. I am now home, thank God! Recovery is slow but going in the right direction. 

I have accepted an appointment as Interim Executive Director of the US international Council on Disabilities through December 31 of this year. It is an unpaid position.

I care about USICD. I have been on the board since 2013. I served as President from 2015-2023. 

My primary mission will be to make USICD’s virtual fund raising gala on December 3, 2026 a smashing success. Please visit our website at www.usicd.org. We will be honoring Ambassador Don Steinberg and Eric Rosenthal, Executive Director of Disability Rights International. We have great speakers lined up  

We appreciate donations; any amount will be appreciated. Individual memberships are $10. There will be no ticket fees this year. If you, your organization, or company would like to be a sponsor, options range from $1,000 to $25,000. 

USICD has spent 35 years bringing visibility to disability rights and helping others understand, promote, and work toward them. Now, this effort is most critical. 

Please help us. My new email is aedmorrissey@usicd.org. I would love to hear from you!

Pat Morrissey

No comments:

Post a Comment